Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Preparing for the inevitable.

Today is July 25th. In about three weeks I'll begin school again, this year with a third grader, a first grader and a preschooler. So it's time to start assessing the damages: what will we need and how much does it cost?

I'm going to list each book/resource and its price, even if we already own the resource. This is to give an idea of the total cost of our curriculum.


Third Grade

Math

Singapore Math - Primary Math Workbook 3A - $8.50
Primary Math Workbook 3B -$8.50


Grammar

Shurley English Kit $70.00

Spelling


Spelling Workout Level C - $12.50


History

Story of the World, Volume 3 - $14.93


Science

The Everything Science Kids' Experiment Book - $7.50


French

French in Ten Minutes a Day - $13.57




Geography, literature and writing will be incorporated with history. Art and piano lessons will be stuck in there somewhere as well. It all sounds very academic, I know. It doesn't sound so academic when I'm chastising the four year old for peeing her clothes again and the older two are screaming over who gets to pick the lunchtime movie.

But we try.


powered by PostHive

1 comment:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

I want my own Singapore Math workbook, they ROCK! I also love SOTW. It looks like we have the same ala carte curriculum. Great minds think alike!

~Angel