Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I had a dream. I had an awesome dream.

Anyone who follows Here in Idaho knows I'm a little bit crazy. I get excited about projects, get started, never finish, then get excited about something else. It's what I do.

So I wanted to invest in real estate...but guess what? I've got a buck fifty to my name so it's not going to happen. Fair enough. Then I had an idea. An awesome idea. A way to make a little change AND teach the youngins about business. Here it is:

A CANDY MACHINE.

That's right. You heard me. The kids and I are starting a vending business. By 'business' I mean one machine, in one location, that will probably only make five dollars a month. Irregardless, it's a good idea. Because the kids will help pick out the machine, price the candy, scout a location, run the numbers, service the machine, count the money, deposit the money and be little entrepreneurs. Start-up will be less than two hundred dollars and the kids are PSYCHED. Ava, God bless her, even had the idea for a penny pressing machine...which we can't afford at the moment but might be a worthwhile goal. Personally, I want one of those gravity tunnel machines that you see at museums. A girl's gotta have goals.

So you don't have to be a homeschooler to teach your kids about money. This will be a side project, probably only requiring our attention one Saturday a month. But can you imagine a better way to teach about enterprise? I can't. And if you read this entry over at Here in Idaho, you know I'm all about preparing our kids to be self-reliant.

We hope to be able to buy this machine next month. I'll keep you updated.


powered by PostHive

6 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

That is an awesome idea!!! I hope that you find an awesome location and make millions of dollars.

LadyHAHA said...

Candy machines are actually quite lucrative..it is basically either quantity or quality. Get a shit load of machines out there or just get one in a pristine high traffic spot.

My brother has a few, he makes some pretty decent change out of it.

Beck said...

That is FREAKING awesome. You'll make a boatload of money if you have good candies.

Sarah said...

how do you go about finding a location? Just start asking stores or something?

Kristi Harrison said...

Apparently finding a location is the hardest part. Especially in a small town. But you know I'll be showing up with my cutie-pie babies and telling them it's their machine. So I figure I can get Ava to do a little dance or something and we shouldn't have a problem finding a place.

Unknown said...

Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really a terrific website.


allah barkat locket
Wonder Shapers
Dhanlaxmi Yantra
Body Buildo
Step Up Height Increaser
Air Bra
Hanuman Chalisa Yantra
Body Buildo
Slim Pro
Sandhi Sudha
Hot Shapers
Step Up Height Increaser
Aire Bra
No Addiction Powder